Advising information

As a sociology major, you are also an Arts and Sciences student.

Attention transfer students - you must be advised by the College of Arts and Sciences before your first semester at OU. Make appt. iAdvise, College of Arts and Sciences(CAS) – Ellison Hall

Each semester you will have to be advised by the department to have your “Advising Hold” lifted. After you have completed 90 hours you will need to schedule a “Degree Check” with your advisor in the College of Arts and Sciences. During the degree check your advisor will go through your academic file and tell you exactly where you stand and what courses you need to graduate. You will still need to be advised by the department to have your enrollment hold lifted.

Forms / Petitions / Procedures

Degree Check Sheets

All SOC/CRIM/PP-SSOS students are members of the Sociology Major Advising Information class on D2L. Feel free to browse, as there is a lot of really helpful information posted.